Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What You Really Want to Know


Question: How can I make sure that my thank you notes sound personal?

Answer: To start replace the traditional “Thank you for your gift” with something fresher like “What a great …! Describe the item and how you plan to use it.

Question: I went to my hair trial and hated what the stylist I’d chosen did. Should I fire him/her?

Answer: Before giving him/her the boot consider scheduling a second trial, if you are convinced he/she’s not the one for you, be truthful about it once the trial ends or with a follow-up phone call.

Question: Is there a way to get my guy to do some “manscaping” for the wedding (without offending him)?

Answer: Pointing out a grooming need is never easy; casually remark that he might look best if he had his eyebrows cleaned up a little. Or mention your own appointment and invite him along. Many spas and salons offer couple’s packages.

Question: How do we steer guests toward giving us money, not gifts for the wedding?

Answer: Enlist your parents and bridal party for this task; they can inform guest that you are saving up for a specific item, whether it’s a new car, a down payment on your first home or spa treatments on your honeymoon. Conveying a clear goal gets a better response than just stating “ They want money”

No comments: